Love Hina volume 3 is the third of fourteen manga volumes that make up the Love Hina manga series. Containing nine chapters, this volume covers Keitaro and Naru’s trip through southern Japan from Kyoto to Okinawa.
Originally serialized in Weekly Shōnen Magazine, these chapters were collected and published in 14 tankōbon volumes by Kodansha. The series was later released again in a partially colored format known as the "Iro Hina version" ("Color Hina version") at an increased price.
The series was licensed for an English language release in North America and the United Kingdom by Tokyopop, which released the 14 volumes between May 7, 2002 and September 16, 2003. The series was also licensed for an English language release in Singapore by Chuang Yi and for regional language releases in France and Québec by Pika Édition, in Spain by Glénat, in Singapore by Chuang Yi, in Brazil by Editora JBC, in Mexico by Grupo Editorial Vid, in Poland by Waneko, in Greece by Compupress, in Germany in German, and in Sweden and Norway by Egmont Manga & Anime.
- HINATA 016. Birth of the Tokyo University Couple!
- HINATA 017. Congratulations on Getting Into Tokyo U!
- HINATA 018. A Journey of Sorrow and Youth
- HINATA 019. Heart Flutterings and Mixed Bathings
- HINATA 020. A Virginal Night
- HINATA 021. Oh Me, Oh My! Otohime Appears!!
- HINATA 022. Sorry For Being So Alike
- HINATA 023. Palpitations While Floating Away!
- HINATA 024. Everyone Get Together! The Little Match Girl Plan.
- In the background of one of the panels on page 37, a couple watching Naru and Keitaro look quite similar to ‘’Final Fantasy VIII’’ characters Squall Leonhart and Rinoa Heartilly.
- The background image of the Kiyomizu Temple on page 71 would be later reused for the opening image of chapter 29, on page 65-64 of Negima! Magister Negi Magi volume 4.
- On page 108, Naru is referring to the character Rose from the movie Titanic which featured a famous scene of Rose standing at the edge of the boat, looking across the ocean with her lover, Jack (played by Leonardo Dicaprio).
- In the Tokyopop translation of the manga, Pochi is named “Rover” possibly due to both being common names for dogs.
- Juubei Yagyu, mentioned on page 169,
- Included in the Kodansha manga release were seven pages of production information on the Hinata girls.